Programme date: 4 February to 20 December 2019
Application deadline: 2 September 2018, end of day (Swiss time)
Further information is available from:
+41 44 267 71 56
Residency for a Swiss artist in connection with the South America programme «COINCIDENCIA» of the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia.
The residency is supported by the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia in the context of its South America programme «COINCIDENCIA». It will support a Swiss artist for the academic year from February to December 2019. The grant for the residency is offered to a Swiss artist (resident in Switzerland for more than three years, with a clear reference to Switzerland and active participation in the Swiss art scene) under the age of 40 on the date of the deadline (2 September 2018). The programme, which includes talks, seminars and studio visits, is conducted mostly in Spanish, so it is preferable to have a working knowledge of the language.
THE PRO HELVETIA RESIDENCY INCLUDES:
– A studio space for the length of the programme (ten months) including utilities.
– Participation at Escuela FLORA 2019 and its full programme of talks, seminars, studio visits and field trips.
– A monthly allowance to contribute towards accommodation, transportation and daily needs for ten months.
– Airline tickets to Bogotá and back to Switzerland.
THE PRO HELVETIA RESIDENCY DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– Housing (but FLORA can assist in finding good housing opportunities).
– Production budget.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SELECTED ARTIST:
– Obtaining a one-year visa for Colombia. Details on how to apply for a «Cédula de Extranjería» are available at this link.
– Upon arrival to Colombia, the recipient must have proof of health insurance valid for the entire residency period.
– Accepting and signing an agreement of compliance to the rules and considerations regarding the use of the studio and the status of the works produced during the residency, in accordance with Colombian law.
– Participation in all the activities proposed by Escuela FLORA. Any leave of absence during the residency must be announced and justified a month in advance, and may not last for more than two weeks in total.
– Presentation of the process/results at the end of the residency. FLORA will do its best to accommodate the needs of the project, provided this does not go against the institution’s integrity or against Colombian law. FLORA will not organize exhibitions nor provide additional production funding.
– Development of a workshop for the San Felipe community. The artist will lead a workshop for young artists and/or for people from San Felipe, FLORA’s neighborhood, in collaboration with one of the other residents.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS – Send the following items in a single PDF file:
1. Brief biography – Send a brief professional biography (300 words maximum).
2. Brief presentation of recent works – Describe the ideas behind your work in a way that helps the jurors understand its themes, concerns and intentions (300 words maximum).
3. Five images of recent works – Send a dossier with five images of recent works, each with a brief description. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo so that the jurors do not need to download them. Please include the appropriate links and passwords to the videos in the dossier.
THE APPLICANT MUST:
– Submit a resume in English together with a dossier and a letter of interest by 2 September 2018 via email to email@example.com.
– Compile all documentation in a single PDF file of less than 10 MB. Write the following in the subject line and in the name of the file: COINCIDENCIA – Pro Helvetia Residency FLORA / Name of applicant.
The chosen applicant will be informed by email by 15 October 2018.
The selected artist authorizes FLORA to use photos of his or her work for educational and documentation purposes.
– The application must be sent in a single email and the documentation compiled in a single PDF. Separate files will not be accepted.
– The file name must contain the name of the artist.
– The file may not be larger than 10 MB. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.